Item condition: Refurbished
Retail Price : $859.00
Your Price : $525.00
Cordoba C9 Crossover Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Vintage styling with a modern fast-playing neck.
The Cordoba C9 Crossover offers a new spin on a Cordoba classic. Built with a solid Canadian cedar top and solid mahogany back and sides, the C9 Crossover features a 48mm nut width, radiused fingerboard, and hand-carved mahogany neck with a thinner profile. It also includes a two-way truss rod built into the neck. This model is an excellent choice for the guitarist who loves the sound and look of the traditional C9, but prefers the feel of a steel string or electric guitar.
The C9 Crossover features a fan bracing pattern, which gives the center of the soundboard more surface area to vibrate and respond to the tension of the strings. A more responsive soundboard makes the guitar louder, and provides better tone. Like every guitar in the Luthier Series, the C9 Crossover is built with Spanish heel construction, where the top of the guitar is attached to the neck, the sides are added next, and the guitar’s body is sealed by the installation of the back. This construction technique allows the entire instrument to vibrate as one unified piece.
Aesthetic touches like the mother-of-pearl weave rosette inspired by a 1920’s Domingo Esteso guitar add a touch of vintage elegance to this best-seller. Other premium features include an rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge, and high gloss finish.
- Top: Solid Canadian cedar
- Back and Sides: Solid mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding / Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 6-ply colored wood top purfling, 3 ply maple and ebony back and side purfling
- Rosette: mother-of-pearl and ebony “Esteso” weave
- Finish: High Gloss pickup
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / rosewood radiused fingerboard / Fusion (Crossover) Style Neck
- Truss Rod: 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.59″)
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8″)
- Fret Marker Inlays: mother-of-pearl at 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish heel neck joint, Fan Bracing
- Body Width and Length: 290mm (11.4″) at upper bout, 370mm (14.6″) at lower bout
- Overall Length: 39″
- Body Depth: 95mm (3.7″) at upper bout, 97mm (3.8″) at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
This guitar has been refurbished by MIRC. It is lightly stamped “used” on the back of the headstock, and a new serial number applied to prevent the guitar from being sold as new factory stock. That being said, this guitar is about as close to new as ‘used’ can get! Everything works, plays, and sounds as it should. There were no actual repairs made other than setup. There is an almost imperceptible nick in the fretboard in the first fret near the low E string that can be seen in the pic. This guitar is in fantastic condition and sounds and plays perfectly! You WON’T be disappointed!
Guitar retails for $859.00
Free insured shipping in continental US. All other locations will be charged $125 shipping unless a shipping quote is obtained by contacting us before purchasing.
Appropriate sales tax will be added for buyers in Iowa.
Thanks for looking!